When you choose La Manga Club for your holiday, one of the first things that attracted you was probably the huge choice of sporting facilities on the resort. There is no doubt that for sporty types, La Manga pretty much has it all. But one thing people often do not realise when they book a holiday at La Manga is the huge choice of bars and restaurants that awaits them. No matter how fussy or adventurous an eater you are, La Manga is likely to have a number of restaurants or bars that will suit.
If you are coming to the resort for a couple of weeks on a self-catering basis, itís likely that even though you wonít want to cook often, youíll choose to have a few nights ďat homeĒ. Irrespective of that, hereís a list of 14 restaurants that are definitely worth putting on your list for your stay:
1. Campo Verde Restaurant. Located in Los Belones, only a short drive from La Manga Club, Campo Verde is a really popular restaurant with locals and tourists alike. It offers the freshest fish and seafood imaginable, cooked to order and deliciously simple. Whatís more, their chips are to die for. Currently open Tuesday to Sunday, itís bustling, serves nice big portions and is great value for money.
2. La Cala Restaurant. Again with a fish and seafood focus, this restaurant is romantically positioned overlooking the private La Manga Club beach. A real Robinson Crusoe spot, itís the perfect place to wander to for a romantic sunset dinner for two.
3. Dharma Restaurant. When you go on holiday to the likes of France or Spain, it can be a real nightmare tracking down a good curry. Look no more, Dharma is not only the answer to all your curry dreams, itís an extremely stylish venue too.
4. Uncle Sams American Restaurant. In this case, think TGI Friday, but with sunshine and youíll get the idea. At Uncle Sams American Restaurant the focus is on all American dining served up with a smile and a bit of banter. Their ribs and fries are agreeably messy, but a really enjoyable treat.
5. Miramar Restaurant. Located in the centre of Cabo de Palos, Miramar is a seriously stylish, two storey, harbour-side restaurant offering a whole range of freshly caught, deliciously prepared fish and seafood as well as great paella. Admittedly not cheap, the atmosphere is bustling with locals, and if youíre lucky youíll be able to pull up a stool at the bar for some tapas before committing to committing to a meal.
6. El Bistro Restaurant. An onsite restaurant, El Bistro at La Manga Club serves up great food, pretty much all day long. Situated in the Plaza Mayor in Bellaluz village, itís not the quietest place in the world but has a great, bustling atmosphere, particularly in high season.
7. El Barril del Tapeo Restaurant. Although part of a chain of tapas restaurants, rather than a traditional, Spanish original, El Barril de Tapeo is well worth a visit. Serving tapas all day long, El Barril de Tapeo is to be found near Plaza Cavanna in La Manga Del Mar Menor.
8. La Canela Restaurant. Situated just offsite, La Canela is a really popular restaurant with locals and tourists alike. Serving classic Spanish and international food, the focus is on fresh ingredients and simple dishes with a twist. They also have a good and imaginative range of vegetarian dishes on offer.
9. Amapola Restaurant. The La Manga resortís flagship restaurant, Amapola is perfect for a special night out. Elegant Mediterranean food and seriously stylish surroundings make this a Ďmust visití when in residence at the club. If at all possible, ask for a terrace table.
10. Andale Restaurant. The resortís Mexican restaurant, Andale has a few really unusual and imaginative Mexican dishes on offer, as well as all the classics youíd imagine. Thereís a fair bit of tequila on offer too, so whether itís shots or margaritas that float your boat, you wonít be disappointed here!
11. Si Wine bar and cafť. An English-owned wine bar and cafť, this is a great place to head if you want good, honest food and a bit of sport on TV. Ideal for families because everyone can get a bit of what they want, youíll be sure of a warm welcome every time at Si! Wine bar and cafť.
12. Mr Chans Resturant. To be found in Las Lomas village, not far from the Spa, Mr Chanís is an established and popular Chinese restaurant that focuses on Sichuan and Peking cooking. In addition to eating in, you can also opt for a take away.
13. The Village Restaurant. Situated in Los Belones village, this restaurant really is in with the bricks. A highly popular venue for locals and tourists alike, itís open all year round, offering a warm welcome, no matter the time of year.
14. Via Romana Restaurant. A really unassuming restaurant from the outside, Via Romana is also based in Los Belones. Air-conditioned, itís a comfortable and bustling restaurant, but the star attraction here is the traditional Italian food. With rave reviews in abundance, you really need to visit to see what the fuss is aboutÖyou wonít be disappointed.
So there you have it. Fourteen nights and fourteen venues, and you havenít even scratched the surface. Itís for these, plus many more reasons, that people flock back, year after year to La Manga Club.
See our La Manga Club Special Offers.
Excellent new Spa promotion
To start the Spring season off there are some new products and special promotions at the wonderful spa facilities at La Manga Club.
The fabulous spa La Manga Club has new treatments such as Body C+, Luminous C+ and Spa foot care..
Some more retail therapy available in new modern golf shop
There is a new shop to be found on the West golf course at La Manga Club, close to La Princesa Restaurant, which has been opened with a new modern and fresh style to tempt you into spending your Euros. With the fabulous current rate of exchange there is no excuse but to treat yourself..
Spring is here at La Manga Club
Spring is here at La Manga Club and with it comes all kinds of exciting events going on in preparation for the coming season.
We welcome the return this month of some of the most popular seasonal restaurants at La Manga Club, including La Cala and Sol y Sombra poolside bar and cafe..
We are pleased to offer some tips on enjoying the perfect Easter eggscape. It is not too late to book a break under the blue skies and enjoy the warm sunny days at La Manga Club and escape the cold, blustery UK..
Some famous faces returning to La Manga Club
It is not unusual to see a famous face on one of La Manga Clubs three golf courses or on one of the twenty eight tennis courts throughout the year. Some celebrities and well known sports stars own homes at La Manga Club and many just return and rent a beautiful holiday home..
Netball is coming to La Manga Club
As if there is not enough to do, watch and enjoy at La Manga Club we are pleased to announce that netball is also coming to La Manga Club this for a tournament in June.
La Manga Club has held many football tournaments over the years but this year under the newly formed La Manga Sports Festival we are delighted to say that the 2 sports will be available to spectate at the same tournament..
Cabo de Palos Market
Cabo de Palos is a village just a 10 minute drive from La Manga Club and when you take the exit from the motorway on route you will find the large Spar supermarket, formally Upper.
A visit from La Manga Club to Cabo de Palos is well worth a visit as it is known for its fabulous Sunday market, which is a must visit during your stay at La Manga Club..
A great new addition to the restaurant family at La Manga Club
The Last Drop has been one of La Manga Clubs best known watering holes for many years now and now they have expanded by introducing their new establishment at La Manga Club, The First Drop.
The Last Drop, opposite the petrol station at La Manga Club, continues to offer a large selection of wines, beers and spirits, something for everyone and you are waited on whilst either watching your favourite sporting event or listening to the live entertainment throughout the summer..
Luigis Italian Restaurant at La Manga Club
Food has always been taken very seriously at the prestigious 5 star resort of La Manga Club in southern Spain, with over 25 restaurants, cafes and bars on site you have a huge range of eateries with menus to tempt everyones palate and a variety of menus priced to suit everyones pockets. From 5 star restaurants for a special occasion or treat to small privately owned cafes, delis and tapas bars..
Packing for your La Manga Club holiday
If you are at the stage of making your list of what to pack to go on holiday to La Manga Club, you are sure to be excited. The thought of your holiday being so close is the ideal way to get through those last few days at work, when everyone seems to find something extra for you to get done before you go..